Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, baby Faith Hope!

Here's what the baby's mother says about herself and her little daughter:
Thank you for being here and for all your thoughts and prayers. Although this isn't an easy road, I feel so blessed. I hope that hearing our story will bless you too.

Only about five percent of babies with anencephaly are carried to term...

Most of the mothers I know (actually all of the ones I know) who choose to carry to term are married and are either stay-at-home moms or have jobs with maternity leave.

I am 23 years old, unmarried, in my last year of university, no maternity leave, and pregnant with a baby girl who was diagnosed with anencephaly -a birth defect considered to be "incompatible with life."

If anyone had an excuse to terminate their pregnancy, it was me. But I didn't, not because it's wrong, but because I love her.

If I can do it then anyone can. You don't need to be strong. All it takes is love and faith in God.

If you've made your way to this site because your baby was recently diagnosed with anencephaly, I want you to know that even in the toughest circumstances, there is so much blessing in choosing to carry your baby to term. You will have so much joy that you never thought was possible and you'll never regret your decision.
Baby Faith Hope was born yesterday. And, according to the recent post on their blog, Faith Hope Walker will be going home tomorrow if all goes well with mommy and baby. Let's wish all the best to baby faith and to her mother Myah and let's keep them in our prayers.

5 comments:

  1. I am a young man from the North East who has this to say. This story has touched my heart. I am glad that there are people like Myah in this world with a strong faith in God. Baby Faith is among one of the most beautiful babies I have seen in my life. God has a plan for Myah and her daughter.
    Luke 1:37 says; 'For with God nothing shall be impossible.'
    I would like to talk to Myah. If anyone could, email me any information

    grindhousesquirrel AT hotmail.com

    I cried for a while after having read Baby Faith's story. The beauty and the bravery.

    God Bless,

    Jeff.
    I will be praying for her and her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I don't have Mya's contact info, but here's her blog > http://babyfaithhope.blogspot.com
    Not sure if she allows comments any more (after she's been targeted by a bunch of haters,) but you can also try to reach her on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following her blog as of yesterday.
    Which is her facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a miracle from God!! Faith Hope is so beautiful and thriving!

    ReplyDelete